There are many applications of cleaning that Dry-Ice and Sponge blasting are suitable for. The cleaning techniques are ecologically safe, biodegradable and harmless to animals, marine life and humans with the right protocols and applications. Dry Ice and Sponge Blasting are green & approved by government agencies EPA, USDA, & FDA.
We offer a selection of industrial usages where Dry Ice and Sponge Blasting are the right solution for maintaining equipment. We provide the proper applications, management and oversight of the blasting procedures performed and work with your team on developing maintenance programs on keeping your equipment running at peak performance.
Dry ice blasting is similar to sand blasting, plastic bead blasting, or soda blasting where a medium is accelerated in a pressurized air stream to impact a surface to be cleaned or prepared. But that’s where the similarity ends. Instead of using hard abrasive media to grind on a surface (and damage it), dry ice blasting uses soft dry ice, accelerated at supersonic speeds, and creates mini-explosions on the surface to lift the undesirable item off the underlying substrate without leaving secondary waste.
How does CO2 Blasting Work?
CO2 blasting works because of three primary factors: pellet kinetic energy, thermal shock effect and thermal-kinetic effect. This optimizes blast performance for each application by combining these forces and adjusting:
- compressed air pressure
- blast nozzle type (velocity distribution)
- CO2 pellet size and density
- pellet mass rate and flux density (particles per unit area per second)
- Non-abrasive & nonflammable
- Approved for use in the food industry
- Can clean items without disassembly
- Safe for electrical/mechanical parts
- Removes residues, paints, oils & biofilms
- Gentle enough to restore damaged books
- Aggressive enough to remove weld slag